Thursday, October 22, 2009

Happy Birthday to I {Heart} Papers


One of my favorite places to spend some time chatting with other artists and getting inspiration is the I {heart} Paper group at Papercraft Planet. This friendly and talented group is the namesake of group owner Kate's store, where I have found many incredible finds -- gorgeous papers, some great new stamp lines, the most luscious silk ribbon ever, and my absolute favorite adhesive in the world, Kate's I {stick} Paper.

This week, I {heart} Paper is celebrating the one year anniversary of the opening of the store with a week of fun challenges and prize drawings for great prizes for randomly selected daily winners. The one hitch -- all cards or projects have to somehow be tied into a birthday theme.

Birthday challenge #1 was to create a card using the colors of IHP's logo: rose, light green, light blue, and black. I was fortunate to have some rose, green and blue plaid patterned paper from Paper Pizzazz and a scrap of green that matched perfectly to mat it on and embellish it. Another small scrap of a rose and green print added extra depth to the tag panel. The butterflies, all from different Serendipity sets, are stamped in Palette Noir and clear embossed and watercolored with pearl and light green mica paints.

The flower is layered silk, shimmer, and tulle Primas attached with a shimmery rose brad. The green tulle leaves are several thicknesses that have been heated and shaped with a heat gun. Ribbon is one of my most favorite embellishments and nothing makes a perfect bow quite like this 1-1/2 inch wide light pink silk ribbon. My friend Jerri, of A Touch of Grace introduced me to silk ribbon earlier this year and I have been hard pressed to use anything else since I acquired my first length of it.

The lay-out of this card was inspired by this week's sketch challenge at StampTV.

1 comment:

i {heart} papers said...

Awesome! I love the softness of the ribbon with the butterflies!