Saturday, October 24, 2009

Fall Colors at the Rose Cottage


I can't believe that Halloween is just days away! The summer here lasted about ten days. Spring lasted forever, with eight straight weeks of cool wet weather extending through July. We got a hint of summer in the August humidity, and then autumn arrived very early, with November temperatures settling down on us in early in October and our first snow fall two weeks ago (and melted already, thank heavens). Even though it's back up to the 50's and 60's this week, and projected to be 70 degrees for Trick or Treating, I am suffering summer withdrawal!

But the garden looks lovely every time of the year, and so I decided to update my blog with a new look for fall. If you like the background, you can find lots of gorgeous ones at this blog, which I recently discovered. And if you want a special treat, visit her Etsy shop. Kirsi has an amazing collection of vintage ephemera. I indulged this weekend and am having so much fun just looking through all of the images, planning ways to incorporate them into projects of my own.

In the meantime, here are some more pictures of the glorious fall colors in our garden this year. While the summer was a definite disappointment, fall has never been so lovely at the rose cottage!

1 comment:

Jerri Kay said...

Absolutely breathtakingly beautiful Cathy!